It's been a good day. In no particular order, here's why:
1) We go to the same kids' Christmas party every year, and the organizers have the same guy playing Santa every year, so Imp thinks it's THE Santa. All of his photos with Santa since he was six months old are with the same dude.
2) After the party, Imp declared it the "Best day EVER!!" and then we were given last minute tickets to tonight's Canucks game, and HWSNBN took Imp and the Canucks won. Imp wore his bow tie.
3) I spent two hours this evening by myself with only my guitar for company. Bliss.
4) HWSNBN didn't have to work this weekend and we got to spend the entire two days together as a family and that hasn't happened in forever.
5) There's a circle of six giant trees on English Bay that are covered in over ten thousand Christmas lights every December, making it look like one enormous tree. We can see it from Imp's bedroom window. Tonight at bedtime he told us to close our eyes. Then he carefully led each of us by the hand to his room and stood us in front of his window. "Open your eyes!" he said. He wanted us all to stand there and just look at how pretty it was together. Best minute of my day. (And that's on a day when I got to sleep in as HWSNBN made breakfast, so that's saying something.)
You too can fight the battle against embitterment at Grace in Small Things.